Since Slough Creek moves pretty slow (almost like a lake at some places) we headed for the Lamar river. During the night there seemed to have been some rain causing slight discoloration of the water. Along the way we did see some discolouring but it didn't seem that bad.


Fishing in the park means that wild life is every where. Along the road means that visitors will stop to take pictures. The first herd of bisons is like 'Wow!', but after the third and fourth stop it, how odd this might sound, becomes tedious.
We decided to try the smaller nearby Soda Butte first and get to the Lamar river later on. The cool weather of the previous day didn't stay. I'm not sure at which altitude the Lamar river area is but the temps went up pretty fast. The sky was still a bit hazy due to fires of the past weeks.
Maybe the many days of fishing started to wear us out but fishing wasn't as hot as the temperatures. The idea of bisons around us kept me alert. At one point a lonely bison was about 150 meters away from us. I certainly was not as concentrated as I should have been because I missed a few nice fish. After lunch we moved to the Lamar river. No noticeable increase in fish activity here.
Colt having a Lamar flavoured instant coffee

It has been a wonderful trip. Many moments of the trip flashed through my mind as I fished upstream of Colt and Dusty. It's remarkable how fast the second week blazed through the days. Meeting old and new friends was the highlight of the whole trip.
Thank you guys and hope to see you soon!
My 2018 USA trip:
No comments:
Post a Comment