I will be tying at a fly shop in Kampen (Netherlands) on March 24. It started as a joke about the shop having Danville tying thread but not stocking the great Danville Flymaster Plus thread as well. This thread is my choice of thread for tying bassbugs. So I told him to show how good this thread is as well as being dirt cheap compared to all these high priced gel spun and kevlar threads.I need to tie some new bugs to get prepared for the show:
* hair mouse (always a favorite amongst women and kids)
* a couple of hair poppers
* one or two diving frogs
Update March 25:Tying at the shop was quite enjoyable. Again, tying bassbugs in Holland of all places always raises some eye brows. Most people have hardly any experience with spinning & stacking colorful hair bugs. This makes it hard to explain which part of the tying they need to take care of to get the best results. The mouse pattern always put a smile on their face. I'll ask Hans to take a nice picture of Mighty Mouse soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment