On April 14, 2007 the Dutch version of the Best of the West (the guy in the picture on the right is Steve Rajeff) competition will be held in Kampen. Well, it's not the official tournament of course, just a get together organized by the Pikefly fly shop. It started as a joke after reading many statements of fly fishermen on the Dutch bulletin boards about easily casting 90+ feet. This is the means to check who is really able to cast 90+ feet or just don't have a clue about distances and measurements...I'll be competing too, just for fun. I had my first practice this afternoon. It went okay, a bit rusty after a long winter break. We used the Sage TCR rod to practise. Man, this is one mean casting machine!
All casts will be made using a #5 weight ED Competition line. Any 9ft #5 rod can be used. Since I don't own a very fast action fly rod, I'll be borrowing a Sage TCR 590 or (I hope) the new Sage Z-Axis 590.
2 comments:
Ik zal voor je duimen .............
Afgelopen zaterdag met Rene (Martin Hengelsport) een half uurtje geworpen met een Sage TCR. Ik kwam tussen de 25-30 meter uit, dus dat moet ik in Kampen ook kunnen gooien. Met een beetje betere timing misschien wel net over de 30 meter.
Post a Comment