06 October 2007

Job: Trout bum

These guys at the Angling Exploration Group are some lucky guys. Seems like these guys don't have to take care of mortgage, 9-5 jobs and groceries to take care of. They just fly fish and travel to the best fishing destinations of the world! How's that for a life! I wish I could have done that during my college years or even just after finishing college and travel for a year.

These guys from AEG made two DVDs on their Patagonia and New Zealand trips. I got them both and these DVDs sure are mouth watering. The story line is pretty funky, much more like MTV-stylish shows rather than the fly fishing DVDs we're used to.

These guys are now in Mongolia to fish for huge taimens and monstrous brown trouts using big streamers. Keep track of their daily stories on their blog. If you want to listento their stories in Mongolia so far, check out the podcast at Zach's site.

Where are these guys going next time? Which remote destination full of huge trouts are there left? Hmm... probably Chile, the Himalayas, the moon, Kamchatka....

No comments: