I haven't fished many evening spinner falls in my life. The few I have encountered were on the Bow river and Missouri. If you're not used to fishing after dusk, it's a pretty tough job (not used to following your fly in such low light situation and those pesky mosquitoes!).
Here in Europe I rarely fish till dusk because I want to have dinner after starting early in the morning 😀. Fishing till dark you'll need a head lamp to tie a fly in dusk or see my way back to the car in the dark. Especially the rivers I fish I have rocky bottoms so the risk of taking a tumble or a swim while crossing in the dark is too high.
Well anyway, this video by the Jensens is by far the best I've seen so far on this subject. I'm pretty sure they have had their bloopers during this project but they sure make it look easy!
No comments:
Post a Comment