The documentary Chasing the Taper (almost 1.30 hour long) is finally out on Vimeo as 'Video-on-demand'. I watched a part yesterday evening. I stopped after Per Brandin broke a new built rod in half because it did not have the action he liked... 😵
Love the pace of the documentary and in-depth of several of the highest regarded bamboo rod makers' thoughts about their passion. The DVD of this great documentary can also be be ordered here.
Update 22 Jan 2023:
The Q&A with Per Brandin is up!
Update 14 Jan 2023:
I watched this documentary again this evening. This documentary is like a time capsule. It is a must watch for anyone interested in the history of bamboo fly rod making!
I also watched it again because I wanted to see and hear again what Per Brandin said about his work as a bamboo rod maker. I recently got in touch with Per. More to come in the future about my contact with Per.


No comments:
Post a Comment