10 June 2019
Marvellous Tuscany
Tuscany is a popular destination for its marvellous architecture, art, historic cities and glowing hills. We spent a week in Lucca. On family vacations I usually don’t bring my fishing gear but this vacation I was allowed. For this trip the rod of choice was the 70p, the fiberglass rod Chris Barclay built for me recently. The rod being ultra portable came in handy when flying with minimal fishing gear.
Before the trip I got in touch with the Italian bamboo maker Moreno Borriero and we agreed on a morning fishing together. It seems the area has had a lot of rain the previous months. The raining stopped about a week before we arrived allowing the amount of water getting back to fishable conditions. Earlier in the week we had a drink together and Moreno advised me to fish later in the week. Unfortunately Moreno had a fishing trip planned to England. However his friend Tiziano was happy to help.
Weather was gorgeous, scenery amazing, wild browns and stream that mesmerises. Due to the heat, we fished until around 1 PM. By the way, the algae on the rocks are damn slippery! I brought my rubber soled wading boots with studs and it barely held the grip. Felt soles are so much better gripping. I'll bring those next time.
We enjoyed our stay in Tuscany a lot. We'll be back soon.
A short clip shot by Tiziano on the Lima:
Drone footage I shot of the amazing medieval 'devil's bridge' called the Ponte della Maddalena near the town of Bagni di Lucca:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment