The Simms Freestone boots I have been using since they came out in the early 1990's (they were called Firehole boots back then) are true bomb proof boots. I still have a pair with felt soles almost gone but the boot itself is still going strong.
I haven't tried any wading boots from Patagonia yet, but I often read they are very lightweight (great when traveling by air), comfortable yet not very durable. Most of the problems came down to stitching coming loose. I hope these new boots are a lot more durable.
After watching the video I thought they have this look that looks a bit like Chota boots, in fact they look very similar to the Chota Caney Fork boot! Well, my guess is that Patagonia buy their boots from Chota.Here's a good picture of the new Lightweight wading boot from Patagonia.
What do you think?

No comments:
Post a Comment