16 August 2012

Sony RX100 vs HX9V (video)

The new Sony RX100 is the new flagship of Sony's compact camera series. It's the 'pro' version above the HX-series.

I was a bit pissed that I missed out on this camera, because the RX100 saves pictures in RAW format (HX9V only does Jpeg) as well as having more manual control options. The price is a lot higher than the HX9V, roughly twice the price.

But there are a few aspects that I think could have made the RX100 a real killer compact camera. Foremost the wide angle of 28 mm vs the 24 mm on the HX9V.

As I mentioned earlier my top priority is high quality video capture. Although the RX100 is a much better camera in many ways, the video comparison between the RX100 and HX9V really surprised me. Have a look your self.



Check out this comparison too! You'll be surprised as well.

No comments: