These small compact cameras are small enough to fit in your shirt pocket. You don't need to carry several lenses because it has it all: wide angle and zoom lens. However filters as add-ons are fairly uncommon on compact cameras.I think one of the most useful add-on is probably a polarizer filter, also called a circular polarizer filter (CPL). A CPL basically corrects washed out colors especially in bright sunny conditions. It also helps cut out the glare of light reflections, especially on smooth surfaces like on windows and water.
I have seen several DIY-style filters to attach a filter on the HX9V. I recently bought a cheap out-of-production Fujifilm compact camera polarizer filter as an add-on for my HX9V. It can't be attached to the camera in any ways, so I'll have to hold it in front of the lens when I want to take a picture or capture a movie. But the improvements of the images are very impressive.Now there is a new CPL-filter on its way for the Sony HX-series, RX100 and probably more compact cameras with the same lens diameter. It basically attaches to the front metal ring around of the zoom lens using a magnet. Can't wait to get one!
Update 24 Aug 2012:
Update 30 Aug 21012:
The MagFilter CPL is available! Go get one here! I ordered it right away. The 42mm version (for the HX-series) is $26.99? The 37mm (Canon S95/100) is $24.99.
More filters are being developed, which 'piggybacks' to each other so you can use several filters at once.
No comments:
Post a Comment