The days prior to my arrival the warming started with a 5 inch snowfall in Austria. The melting of the snow made the river slightly higher as well darken the water. The day I fished the Mur the water was just clearing up, yet not as clear as the days after.
I made a short video of the trip. This almost never materialized because I seem to have left an essential part of my tripod at home (the removable tripod head) as well my almost ancient digital camera taking a dunk on the first day. It has been wet before but this time it didn't survive the dive.
Thanks to my little GorillaPod I still managed to capture some nice steady video shots.

A note on my (more than 30 years old!) Orvis Tippet:
I fished my Orvis Tippet on the 3rd day. My trusty Orvis Tippet got a new grip (yes, that amazing Superfine grip!) at Orvis headquarters in Manchester Vermont early this summer. They did a great job at Orvis. I got a dozen locally baked doughnuts delivered at the Orvis rodshop as thanks. Orvis just checked my posting as you can see in the screen shot.
Great write up. I hope you don't mind but I added your blog as a link on my blog for others to read. nanumcreek
ReplyDeleteYou're welcome!
ReplyDelete