20 June 2011

My type of stream

This video is actually a (semi) commercial of the Norwegian fly rod manufacturer called Guideline.

I have cast a couple of their rods so far. They, I've only cast some of their trout rods, cast pretty decent. Nothing to get really excited though. I think the cosmetics and used hardware is a bit too robust and bulky. For example a short and light 3 weight rod has the same grip size and hardware as a 9 ft 5 weight. I prefer the cosmetics and hardware that matches the rod's line weight and rod length. For example Sage and Winston does it a lot better on this.

Well anyway, what I want to show you is the stream the fisherman in this video is fishing. This is somewhere in Slovenia (the website mentions Sava Bohinjka). Man, that's the type of stream size-wise I like best! Check out the clearness of the water as well as the scenery!

No comments: