The 'tap to focus' feature is ridiculously easy to use. Just tap the part on the picture you want the camera to focus and the iPhone's internal camera software does exactly as it says. Easy as that!
This also works with the HD (720p) video mode as well. Take a look at this short video I shot (watch it in 720p HD mode for the best result. The original crispness of the video gets lost slightly on YouTube or Vimeo). It's a bit shaky since it's shot just out of my hands but it sure shows what this little bugger is capable of. This 'selective focus' is pretty amazing since the iPhone's camera has a fixed lens.
The iPhone doesn't have an option to attach the phone to a tripod, so I need to figure out how to keep the phone still to avoid shaking while filming. I'm sure some manufacturer will come up with a little cradle to attach the iPhone to a regular tripod.
Update:
There are (obviously) several tripod adapters for the iPhone for sale. I've found one at eBay for around $7 including shipping!
I've been fumbling around with the camera for a while and it sure has made taking picture with the iPhone a lot more fun. I doubt I'll be leaving my regular camera at home when fishing but if it does happens that I left my camera at home or the hotel, the iPhone will be ready.
No comments:
Post a Comment