11 September 2010

2010 - a wasted fishing year

It's official. 2010 will be marked as my wasted fishing year.

This saturday I went for one more fishing outing this fall. The weather conditions looked pretty good. Sunny, warm (around 24 degrees Celcius, 75 Fahrenheit) and just plain nice. The previous days were a bit cloudy but they were okay.

I was really looking forward to fish the stretch of the Kyll I fished so many years in the past. Days of 100+ fish a day of graylings and rainbows were etched in my memories.

I know these days are over since the fish kills by the cormorants as well as bad fishing management. So I was curious what was left over of this great little river. I haven't fished this stretch of the river for at least 15 years.

After a 3.5 hour drive I arrived next to the river Kyll in the Eifel area and I saw a dark reflection. Well, it was pretty early in the morning so probably just low light? Guess again, yesterday they got rain in the area... The Kyll (and all rivers in the Eifel area) is known to by effected by rain really fast. It takes 2-3 days to really clear up.

This year has been pretty unfortunate for me concerning the weather when fishing. Every single day I fished was effected either by rain the same day or the previous days. Am I the only one who has been unfortunate with the weather this year?

No comments: