Hardy is going retro. In 2008 they relaunched the good old Perfect reel. Now Hardy is running a new re-issue of the St George reel. The last time Hardy did this was in the mid 1990's.As much as I love the Perfect, I think the St George reel looks absolutely stunning on a bamboo rod. The classic ported spool and the agate line guide makes this one handsome reel.
Hardy decided to make the two trout models (the 2 9/16 inch Junior and the 3 inch version) both in black as well as the stunning Spitfire version. These reels are also available in two versions: right hand winding or left hand winding. The 3 inch size will fit just perfect any 4 to 5 weight rod, both bamboo, glass or graphite rod.At $750 this reel is no cheap reel but I'm sure it will keep its value for just about ever (especially the LHW version) and it will be in service for generations.
I think the Spitfire version just looks magical. Where is Santa when you need 'em?...
4 comments:
The latest reissue is the bee's knees. I traded an old 3 5/8 inch perfect for a 3 inch reissue, would you beleive it! Though I must say the spitfires don't do it for me, I got a black one.
Best
Christian
I haven't seen one in real life myself but I'm sure Hardy did a fine job one the new St Georges.
Congrats!
The 1990's re-issue I got is a fine reel. I like the size of the 3 inch.
This is definitely awesome! It's a really helpful article and I hope you could also get to visit my site so we can permeate ideas when it comes to fly fishing. Please drop some comments and let us know what you think about our newly created website.
Here's the link:
http://bit.ly/9gDhYW
Thanks ahead and have a wonderful day! :)
Thanks Sammaka.
Appreciate your comment & link.
Post a Comment