I watched Kelly's streamer fishing DVD at Dave's shop during my last trip to Canada & USA. I rarely fish with a streamer during my fishing because I think using a streamer will ruin a stretch of the river which I prefer to fish with a nymph or a dry fly. But there are parts of a river that a streamer might be the best approach, like a very deep pool. Again, streamer fishing means you have to re-rig your rod and often as not I'll just pass and move to the next part of the river where I can continue fishing with my nymph.
Here's Kelly showing us how to tie his Zoo Cougar:
Here's a podcast interview with Kelly Galloup which contains many excellent tips on fishing with a streamer.
Back to the streamers:
I don't have a favorite streamer yet. Mostly I'll carry a bunch of Wooly buggers and a few muddler-type streamers. Since I don't fish a streamer that often, I haven't developed a certain preference for a pattern. I think I should fish more often (where possible) with a streamer this season. Maybe I'll tie half a dozen Zoo Cougars and fish with them exclusively to improve my knowledge about streamer fishing.
Update:
I just found the video where Kelly shows us how he fishes his streamers. The shots aren't worth a dime, but the info on the rig is the main issue.
Update April 24, 2016:
Here's a Zoo Cougar tied by Kelly in a superb high resolution:
Here's a podcast interview with Kelly Galloup which contains many excellent tips on fishing with a streamer.
Back to the streamers:
I don't have a favorite streamer yet. Mostly I'll carry a bunch of Wooly buggers and a few muddler-type streamers. Since I don't fish a streamer that often, I haven't developed a certain preference for a pattern. I think I should fish more often (where possible) with a streamer this season. Maybe I'll tie half a dozen Zoo Cougars and fish with them exclusively to improve my knowledge about streamer fishing.
Update:
I just found the video where Kelly shows us how he fishes his streamers. The shots aren't worth a dime, but the info on the rig is the main issue.
Update April 24, 2016:
Here's a Zoo Cougar tied by Kelly in a superb high resolution:
No comments:
Post a Comment