I got a few days off during the second half of November! How about some end of year fishing? Nearly all rivers are closed in Germany now. I'm looking up for possibilities to fish a few days in Austria. There seems to be some rivers in Austria that are still open until the end of the year. I'll have to find my cold weather clothing to keep me warm. It sounds weird but I hope to see some snow during the fishing. That should deliver some nice pictures. We'll see...
Update 11 novemberThere are indeed some rivers in Austria still open until the end of the year. These rivers like the
Salza,
Salzach,
Goiserer Traun are pretty amazing both in beauty and price. Daily tickets are 50-87 euros (about 64-110 USD). Ouch... But some rivers are 'on sale' during the winter months, so I'll try to see what bargains I can get. But as you can see these rivers are amazing. Here are some pictures of the Salza. Mmm....
7 comments:
A really good idea my dear Jay. Unfortunately for me, i cannot take a few days off. Lucky you. I'm looking forward to your pictures in our newsletter!
The prices of the rivers in Austria have been going up the roof. 60-130 euros a day!
I need to figure out which rivers are available for around 30-40 euros per day which is in my view still acceptable.
That is pretty impressive grayling and river pictures are somewhat dreamlike...
Well not sure the surroundings will still look like this this time of the year. But if the graylings are still this size then I'm happy!
This kind & size streams are my favourite. I prefer them over BIG rivers.
I need a photographer / fly fishing buddy who can take dreamy pictures of me with big graylings during this trip! :)
Last picture has very nice contrast of direct sunlight and shadow.
Hard to judge the size of second picture's grayling. But it is much bigger than ones that swim in Nokisenkoski that I often fish. A 40 cm grayling is considered a big one there.
Man, just fished 3 days on the Ischler & Goiserer Traun. I'll post the trip report & pictures when I m back home!
Post a Comment