Subways finally landed on the low lands! I knew there was one in The Hague, but I wanted one in Rotterdam. And it's there now! Today during a quick shopping for some new stuff for my wardrobe I stopped for a steak & cheese sandwich at Subway. Tastes as good as I remember from my recent US & Canada trip.The Rotterdam restaurant is housed in what was once the internet cafe called EasyInternet from the Greek entrepreneur Stelios. He is also known for his air carrier EasyJet. During the mid 90's fast internet connections weren't common as these days. The slow and tedious dial-in connections at home of those days were a pain in the ass. A visit to EasyInternet showed us how nice surfing the web could be with a fast connection. We were able to download mp3's within minutes rather than half an hour or more. I remember my buddy Eric-jan downloading some top 40 songs to please his then (now his wife) new girl friend! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment